The people in my life that are close with me know that my beliefs often fall on the more cynical side of the spectrum (even though I would identify as a realist). 2020 was a hell of a year and filled with enough cynicism so I am going to do something different and write a list of all the positive things I experienced this year.
– A terrific girlfriend and partner to endure the year with. She has been a tremendous source of strength throughout the year.
– My first nephew was born happy and healthy.
– Getting to make a trip to Michigan to see all of my Family (even the driving and staying in an RV in the driveway)
– Grateful to all the scientists and volunteers that worked so hard on COVID vaccines- Giving us all a light at the end of the tunnel.
– My family and friends all stayed healthy.
– I talk to my best friends more than I have in years past due to us all playing games online together.
– Stayed local and explored more of Colorado- Telluride, Western slopes, Steamboat Springs, Keystone, and lots of local drives/hikes.
– Rode my 4000-mile goal and stayed injury free.
– Grateful to stay employed, have shelter, and food.
– I feel closer to my brother as we have been talking on the phone more.
– Opportunity to have a new job going into the new year.
– Welcomed by Stacy’s family through lots of events throughout the year.
There were a lot of bad things that happened this year but I feel truly blessed to have so many positive things happen in my life.
Cheers to a new year!